Unreal engine really doesn`t want to install on my computer

Started by
2 comments, last by DerTroll 5 years, 1 month ago

So....I've asked on all sites I can,but still noone can help me.Unreal forum is so quiet it's even strange I saw someone posting there,stacks overflow,as had said one man in the description,is not suited for such question.And then idea hit me:maybe GameDev can make some difference?So,I'd like to ask you people for help.

I am sitting since the start of the day and try to beg my Epic launcher to install Unreal Engine.Shortly speaking,everything is working in order,except that when i go Unreal Engine->library and try to install the latest version of engine,nothing really happens.The button just clicks and does nothing,no new window,error...nothing at all.I've already tried all standart options:reopened the launcher,reloaded windows and even reinstalled Epic Games launcher,but it makes no difference.I even tried to install other versions and check my free space at the disc,but I guess 13 GB is enough for engine,right?So,I have no idea how lucky must I be to encounter some strange monster,which face I can't even see.Can someone help me with that?

Advertisement

Depending on your operation system you might want to look into the log files Epic Launcher and propably Unreal Engine provide, either via themselfs or using for example the Windows Event Log feature to see what messages are placed in your system.

Firewall, did you have any Firewalls or Antivir that blocks Epic from placing UE on your system?

Have you checked to match the system and dependency requirements (Hardware, any SDK needed to be installed, C# .NET 4.5+ installed)?

Otherwise you have just two options, download the source of Unreal Engine from GitHub and build it yourself and however place a support ticket at Epic's Website

Try running the Epic launcher as Admin. Not that I have tested it, but I had similar issues with an other application that could be solved this way.

Greetings

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement