🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGL Pong With simple Particle Effect in Java

Started by
6 comments, last by GoldSpark 4 years, 8 months ago

Hello everyone. So I have started learning OpenGL by my own and have decided to make something. So first thing I made is this simple Pong with no scores its just testing but you can easily add score using Entity class in entites package but everything else including moving around and simple collision detection works. Game is made inside Main which is located inside main package, every other class is a utility class to help make that game. Collision detection is located in a method named CPUupdate(); . I hope this can help others understand how they can use OpenGL to make simple 2D game. With that mini engine you can create other 2D games . I will for sure keep improving and I will make even more complex games and put them here. 

PongEffected

Hopefully that helps someone! 

Ayy lmao

Advertisement

Is their a reason for GPL license?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

36 minutes ago, fleabay said:

Is their a reason for GPL license?

Haha I apologize I did not even notice I've put a license! Fixed!

Ayy lmao

1 hour ago, GoldSpark said:

Haha I apologize I did not even notice I've put a license! Fixed!

And on behalf of the forum configuration, I apologize that I can't correct my horrid spelling/grammar.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

1 minute ago, fleabay said:

And on behalf of the forum configuration, I apologize that I can't correct my horrid spelling/grammar.

Hahaha absolutely no problem with me. I can understand you pretty good no one has to correct themselves near me! :D Hopefully my grammar is fine for understanding. 

Ayy lmao

Someone has watched ThinMatrix's lessons. I am watching the lessons too. But I am on 10 lesson and I rewrite them on C# and TypeScript. Maybe later I will publish my first game on the game engine.

34 minutes ago, 8Observer8 said:

Someone has watched ThinMatrix's lessons. I am watching the lessons too. But I am on 10 lesson and I rewrite them on C# and TypeScript. Maybe later I will publish my first game on the game engine.

I learned all thru TheCherno and opengl book and 1 unity course. But mostly learned thru a book. I wasnt interested in ThinMatrix's videos.

Ayy lmao

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement