🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

BMFont Hiragana

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 4 years, 6 months ago

I was trying to create a bitmap hiragana font, but I noticed it's not listed in BMFont. I took a quick look in the source and noticed that hiragana is mentioned here on like 150 https://github.com/OpenTechEngine/bmfont/blob/master/source/unicode.cpp

I'm guessing the latest build is outdated maybe? I have never compiled c++ and I'm getting a bunch of errors when I try too as well :(

Advertisement

You need a TrueType font that supports the Hiragana characters in order to generate the bitmap font from it. BMFont will only display the characters contained in the TrueType font you chose from the font settings.

In the above image I used the font 'Arial Unicode MS' which is one of the most complete TrueType I know of.

(edit: it seems there is a problem with the forum software. The image is not saved with the post :( )

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement