🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Forgiveness: The Etherworld. Redeem your soul in an hardcore online rpg set in a fantasy purgatory.

Started by
3 comments, last by hardebayho 4 years, 5 months ago

So it's finally time for me to get out from the dark and present you my first commercial game:

It's called `Forgiveness: the Etherworld` and it's an hardcore massive online rpg set in a fantasy purgatory, where everything is made up of ethereal essences that the player can acquire to level up his mind, body and soul.

I always loved rpgs but I definitively hate how they're slowly shifting toward jokes for kids, with unlimited inventory space and minimaps in every angle of the screen... that's why I decided to embark on this project more than three years ago.

The game's goal is to blend the hardcoreness and immediateness of games like The Binding of Isaac and Rogue with the atmosphere of Diablo and Don't Starve and the strategic deepness of Slay The Spire:

it's focused on exploration, discovery and collaboration... without sacrificing the fun of real-time combat, the deepness of crafting and looting and the feelings of good and old survival mechanics.

It's still in very early development: my goal is to make it available to the public through early access by the end of the year, earlier if possible but even later if necessary.

Here's the official website: http://www.forgivenessthegame.com Any feedback, question, suggestion or critique on the website and/or the game concept itself is of course very much welcome.

Here are a couple of screenshots, more update coming in the next few months.

Cheers,

Leonardo

Advertisement

Okay, the screenshot is looking promising.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement