🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Focusing on backend before graphics?

Started by
1 comment, last by 0r0d 4 years, 3 months ago

I'm probably going to botch some terminology, I probably already did in the title... but here's my background.

I studied Computer Science in college 12 years ago. When I got my bachelor's, I didn't go into Software Engineering, I went more into the System Engineer side, and today I specialize on the Linux operating system. So I learned how to program pcpartpicker in college, but never did it professionally. Several years ago, I picked up C# and Unity as a hobby. I learned a lot, and came up with a couple prototypes, but by the time I got to something somewhat playable, my code was an absolute mess.

I kind of put that away nba reddit for awhile, it's been a few years since I've dabbled in game development. However, at work, technology has evolved and the industry is shifting towards more of a DevOps style of maintaining infrastructure. So, for the last two months, I've been going through a training program that our software engineer new hires reverse phone lookup go through, and I'm learning how to professionally and collaboratively program so I can apply it to my System Engineer/infrastructure work with a focus in automation. I've learned a TON in the last few months and it's starting to stir my desire to get back into Game development on the side again.

Advertisement

So what exactly is the question? The title of the thread doesnt make that clear.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement