🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game fighting technique

Started by
4 comments, last by Enzio599 4 years, 3 months ago

Does anyone know why there are no games or if there are any games that features free sword fighting mechanic ( using the right mouse button to cut with the right arm throw the drawn line and the same for the left button with the left arm) ?
The closest i have seen is for honor which allow the slash in three directions and mordhau that allows one sword to perform a cut around a central point
Does game companies see no point in such feature or is it hard to script the arm movements

Advertisement

Exanima is a ARPG being made with a very similar mechanic to what you are describing. It's in EA still but it's pretty cool. Definitely check it out. My own game, Riposte! is literally a sword fighting game. It's 2D and players move the weapons directly. Definitely check it out too :p

@undefined thanks,i will check them out

Sounds like you want Die by the Sword (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_by_the_Sword). I think it's available on GOG.

play Dark Massiha of might and magic… built on source engine and has first person sword combat….

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement