🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Costume Code Design & standard variables

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 3 months ago

I Shaw some posts on costume code, like assembly or directX.

If you people are maintaining costume code/developing. And want to incorporate in “The Box”. Which is is open source software engine done in C. Since all languages can communicate width it. We can add all stuff.

Code that have no dependency's or have their file dependency's written is great is just a matter of adding. Since Box is done in procedural, we can add all code.

The project will focus on all aspects of development: code editor, games templates, publish, market, etc… It will be very easy to work, and build a community.

It will evolve fast, because: it will have templates for all games, like : FPS, 2D, etc… Which game should be modular is just a matter of adding thing. Once we have settings for game styles, we just need to focus on graphics, that's why i think it will evolve fast. Developers and development will be on graphics and not on game functionality.

I'm adopting this new style of programming, standards for variables names and function names. Is just a matter to use them to have things working across languages and platforms. At least for code compatibility will be more. If you write things width this standard it will work minimally.

The problem width code that is not compatible is lack of adopting standard variables names and function names.

Every one writing there own engine is not a practical thing, better to adopt standards and we all work in a shared engine that can become usable in a short therm.

The main goal is: the fastest engine, still maintainable. It could be used to combat a bit the physical waste, since this “engines” do not focus on performance they focus more on graphics, in here we will focus on performance and maintainability.

Even console e-game professional players “the games are to slow, will affect our performance”.

Is not practical helping people width code. All this people asking for help in their code; they can't get help! In things done this way. If all join in one standard engine, they can get help and all projects can be finished.

It is problems we can do something, about: standards, speed, maintainability, development, help, structure, etc…

Advertisement

I think the only way you're ever going to convince people to use your engine is to get it into their hands and let them use it.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

This does not seem to be about A.I. so it's now moved to another forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

jdc said:
costume code/developing

Custom? Is “costume” actually supposed to be “custom”?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement