🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Passion Project pitch

Started by
6 comments, last by HappyCoder 4 years, 2 months ago

Hello, I am new to this website but I have been interested in game design and creating games for a few years. If you had a team, the budget and as much time as you need, what game would you make? I love discussing ideas and stories with others to see how they think and what they would like to present to the world, so what is your passion project? I hope I can find other creative and passionate individuals ?

Advertisement

PhantomHeart12 said:
If you had a team, the budget and as much time as you need, what game would you make? … what is your passion project?

Why did you title your post “Passion project pitch” instead of “what is your passion project?” And why did you post this in the Writing forum? The title sounded like you wanted help writing or improving a pitch.

PhantomHeart12 said:
I hope I can find other creative and passionate individuals ?

You'll find them here. What do you hope to accomplish? If you want to build a team or join one, please use Hobby Project Classifieds.

Since you didn't ask a Writing question, this thread is now moved to the Lounge.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper Sorry since I am new here, I hope you can understand this is all new to me thank you for the suggestions I will try to rephrase my question

@Tom Sloper Also I am not looking to join a team, nor am I looking for members at this time, It was more of asking others what they'd like to create. Should I still post this in Hobby Project Classified?

You don't need to do anything, Phantom. Everybody understands what you're asking and anybody can join in the conversation.

Phantom, why don't you start by telling us about your own passion idea? If you had a team, the budget and as much time as you need, what game would YOU make?

I would like a game where you need to navigate the politics of tribe of a few dozen individuals to take power over the tribe. The game would give a few possible ways to do it. You could either find out what people like and try to give it to them. You could try to use fear and coercion. You also need to determine what you do with those who don't agree with you in power. Do you make compromises, make them outcasts, or execute them. The whole of the game would be trying to get loyal followers and using your following to obtain power.

I'm imagining the game with a very simple AI and very simple language. Individuals have things they like and dislike, other individuals they like and dislike. Individuals they trust and don't trust. So finding the way to power may be as simple as gaining the trust of a single already powerful individual. I'm imagining the communication working with symbol based language that remove ambiguity from the computer.

Objectives in the game could be to rise to power, remove the current leader, or start a civil war.

My current game project Platform RPG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement