🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

pacman AI

Started by
4 comments, last by Calin 4 years, 2 months ago

i need a help in making pacman ….

i want to make an AI for the ghosts which mean i need to implement a path finding algorithm and i chose A* but i had a problem with the implementation of this algorithm in pacman

iam using sfml and c++ in making the game so is there any one can help me

Advertisement

Yes, probably lots of any ones can.

It would however really be helpful if you also explain the problem itself. I mean “I have a problem witn A* in pacman” can mean a lot of things. Ie you don't know how to code the algorithm or you don't understand how it works, or pacman has some features you don't know to handle, or your ghosts move wrong or the computer crashes or …. (any of the other half a zillion things that could be wrong).

@undefined Totally agree. He needs to define his problem more clearly. I am sure many hobbyists are capable of helping him

I suppose you could use A* for a Pac Man clone, but it's likely overkill. Pac Man had a good AI that still works well today, and it uses much simpler logic.

That said, if you're still looking for help with A*, you'll need to describe what you've attempted to do, how you attempted to do it, and what specifically isn't working for you.

It`s tough to guess what the problem could be as everyone stated. In pacman you have several navigation modes. The default mode is when the ghosts chase you, another mode is when the ghosts turn from chaser to being chased (in which case you don`t need pathfinding at all) and then there are `caught` ghosts which navigate back to the center of the map and become normal ghosts again (you need to run pathfinding always with the same fixed destination: the center of the map).

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement