🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game creating by level

Started by
2 comments, last by a light breeze 4 years, 2 months ago

Alright im just starting to get into game creation.

I know the basic of C++ but nothing about rpg creation. I will be using Unity as a game engine and was wondering if i can start my game creation with the world. So ground, mountains, towns and all.

And then start working on the stuff like adding a player and then keep adding like inventory and such?

Sorry i really have no clue. Im going for a very simple 2d isometric rpg game with only a small maps and maybe 1 quest so i can learn and aventually i will keep building it bigger and bigger.

Not sure if anyone knows about good tutorials for unity and 2d iso game building.

Thx in advance

Advertisement

Unity has several tutorials for making RPGs, so finding them is blessedly easy.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

You should always start with the core gameplay. Prototype the basic game systems, test if they work the way they should work, tweak them until they're fun. Don't start working on the actual content for the game until the core gameplay is fun and the core tech is working, or you'll end up with a lot of content that needs to be replaced later.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement