🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Which engine has better/more "Creating a game from scratch" tutorial?

Started by
3 comments, last by Zodiak 4 years, 2 months ago

Hello everyone!

I expect this has been done to death, but please help me out. From my recent research, it feels like Unreal tutorials are more broad, focusing on lights, materials etc., whereas I am looking for a tutorial that makes a game from scratch. So you learn all these broad concepts as you go along, not as a separate topic.

In this respect, is Unity a better choice? There seems to be something magical about Unreal, and from what I've seen it's something I like, but I won't be able to make progress without a good tutorial series.

Thank you!

I'd definetly say that a glass is half-empty!
Advertisement

I would use unity theirs a lot of great tutorials for free hears a link https://unity.com/learn.​ they have anything you could think of from 2d all the way to 3d.

These are some tutorials that you can use for stating game these games for practice in programming. Author does not pay me. These tutorials are free and it is used Unity. You can use ideas to translate the examples to Unreal or any Engine. Translate them to 3D. You can use them for training and studying. Add your elements.

Pong Game

Arkanoid Game

Tetris Game

Snake Game

Minesweeper Game

Pac-Man Game

Tron Light-Cycles Game

Flappy Bird Game

Tower Defense Game

Thank you! That’s more than enough to get me started!

I'd definetly say that a glass is half-empty!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement