🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelCode Engine Interface Documentation Generator

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 4 years ago

Hi Folks!

Ever since I started using AngelScript, it bugged me having to remember the C++ functions I registered with the engine when writing script code. What was that function name again? What parameters did it have again? Having to go back to the C++ code works, but it's not convenient. And non-C++ script writers really don't like trying to read C++.

So I decided to write an add-on for AngelScript that can generate nice self-contained documentation in HTML, including a search function. It generates lists of all the registered types in the engine, does a little syntax highlighting, and is highly visually configurable.

The plugin integrates easily with your existing use of AngelScript. All you need to do is re-use the stereotypical “r” result value (see documentation for more information).

For examples, the source (released under MIT license) and more information, please visit:

https://github.com/marcakafoddex/angelscript-docgen

To report bugs, send in suggestions or anything else, please use github!

Regards,
Marc

Advertisement

Thanks a lot for sharing this, Marc! I'm sure many will find it useful.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement