🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D lighting effect

Started by
0 comments, last by Phil Parker 22 years, 6 months ago
I have a text logo which needs a light behind it that pans round left to right. The rays of light are visible in the gaps of the text, and above/below it also. It''s quite a cinematic effect I want to achieve, but I am using Flash, and it must be a small file size. I am trying to achieve the effect in 3DSMax, but am having trouble getting the rays of light to show up. Any help would be appreciated, Phil Parker
Advertisement
Hey,

Try the Volumetric Lighting in the 'Environment' section.
I believe it's under the button called 'Add Effect' or something like that, I can't be sure because I don't have MAX from where I'm typing this post :-)
You can pick the light you wish to put the effect on from your scene.
I think you'll get the best result with a target spot behind your text, but you'll have to decide that for yourself.
The 'density' value shouldn't be set too high, because then your light will be very foggy.
I hope this helps :-)

-----------------------------

Babm
BabJap Productions

"To gain control of the force called 'Animation' is the true divine goal in life."

Edited by - Babm on December 13, 2001 7:09:41 AM

Edited by - Babm on December 13, 2001 7:20:26 AM
----------------------------- Babm"Programmer: an organism that changes coffee into software."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement