🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to use ResolveSubresource in MSAA RTs for postprocessing effects?

Started by
3 comments, last by isu diss 3 years, 8 months ago

I have enabled MSAA. It works fine without post-processing effects such as lens flare.

without msaa
with msaa 4x

the problem comes when i enable the postprocessing effects lens flare. I lose all the antialiasing and some artifacts in the image. Debugging also shows this

with msaa 4x and pp fx lens flare

I create render to textures with msaa enabled. I will create classes for render to texture mechanism in the future. this is just for testing.

// DOWNSAMPLE SCENE TEXTURE
RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->OMSetRenderTargets(1, &DSRTV, RE_D3D11_DepthStencilView);
RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->ClearRenderTargetView(DSRTV, Colors::Black);
RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->ClearDepthStencilView(RE_D3D11_DepthStencilView, D3D11_CLEAR_DEPTH, 1.0f, 0);
		RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->OMSetDepthStencilState(RE_D3D11_DepthState_DD, 1);

mysky->Render(RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext, RE_D3D11_SamplerState_Main, mycam, RE_LightDirection);
		RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->OMSetDepthStencilState(RE_D3D11_DepthState_DE, 1);

for (auto G3DQ_Iter = RE_3D_Graphics_Queue.begin(); G3DQ_Iter != RE_3D_Graphics_Queue.end(); G3DQ_Iter++)
		{
(*G3DQ_Iter)->Execute_Render_Commands_For_Scene(RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext, RE_D3D11_SamplerState_Main, RE_D3D11_CSM_SRV, mycam, RE_LightDirection, mLightViewProjection, XMMatrixIdentity());
		}

RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->OMSetRenderTargets(1, &NULLRTV, NULLDSV);

//SOURCE GENERATION
RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->OMSetRenderTargets(1, &LFGRTV, RE_D3D11_DepthStencilView);
RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->ClearRenderTargetView(LFGRTV, Colors::Black);
RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->ClearDepthStencilView(RE_D3D11_DepthStencilView, D3D11_CLEAR_DEPTH, 1.0f, 0);

mylf->SourceGenDraw(RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext, RE_D3D11_SamplerState_Main, DSSRV);

RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->OMSetRenderTargets(1, &RE_D3D11_RenderTargetView_Main, RE_D3D11_DepthStencilView);
RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->ClearRenderTargetView(RE_D3D11_RenderTargetView_Main, Colors::Black);

mylf->FinalDraw(RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext, RE_D3D11_SamplerState_Main, DSSRV, LFGSRV);

Debug:

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::Draw: The Shader Resource View dimension declared in the shader code (TEXTURE2D) does not match the view type bound to slot 0 of the Pixel Shader unit (TEXTURE2DMS). This mismatch is invalid if the shader actually uses the view (e.g. it is not skipped due to shader code branching). [ EXECUTION ERROR #354: DEVICE_DRAW_VIEW_DIMENSION_MISMATCH]

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::Draw: The Shader Resource View dimension declared in the shader code (TEXTURE2D) does not match the view type bound to slot 1 of the Pixel Shader unit (TEXTURE2DMS). This mismatch is invalid if the shader actually uses the view (e.g. it is not skipped due to shader code branching). [ EXECUTION ERROR #354: DEVICE_DRAW_VIEW_DIMENSION_MISMATCH]

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::Draw: The Shader Resource View dimension declared in the shader code (TEXTURE2D) does not match the view type bound to slot 2 of the Pixel Shader unit (TEXTURE2DMS). This mismatch is invalid if the shader actually uses the view (e.g. it is not skipped due to shader code branching). [ EXECUTION ERROR #354: DEVICE_DRAW_VIEW_DIMENSION_MISMATCH]

I know why that happens. cos i dont use Texture2DMS in shader. I just want to know how to use ResolveSubresource in this scenario? Any thoughts?

Advertisement

I fixed the problem by resolving MSAA Texture into non-MSAA Texture using ResolveSubresource and used in the lensflare shader.

ok good, now is the future, so “I will create classes for render to texture mechanism in the future.” ?

have fun ?

This is how I did it.

1st Step - Render the scene to a MSAA Texture(DST2D)

2nd Step - Resolve above MSAA Texture into Non-MSAA Texture

RE_D3D11_ImmediateContext->ResolveSubresource(LFUST2D(non msaa), 0, DST2D(msaa), 0, DXGI_FORMAT_R32G32B32A32_FLOAT);

3rd step - Postprocessing on a Non-MSAA RTV (passing LFUSSRV )

4th Step - Final Draw on a MSAA Texture(RE_D3D11_RenderTargetView_Main) passing SRVs for processing LFUSSRV, LFGSRV

That's it. ?

with msaa 4x and lens flare

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement