🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Super stratego AI player design

Started by
3 comments, last by AvihayBarn 3 years, 8 months ago

Hello everybody.

I am a computer science student and I am taking a course in game development.

at the end of the course, we need to develop a full game with Unity, and I decided to develop the board game Super Stratego(or Super Tactico). The game is based on the original Stratego but its a lot more complicated:

The board is bigger and each player has on his side of the board three parts to put soldiers: sea, land, island. there are ships and airplanes can overload soldiers and the goal of the game is to take the flag of the rival to t your island

(I think its enough to understand the game) .

I want to develop for this game an AI player that can randomly order his tools before the game and does the optimal move during the game.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

I haven't seen or heard of super stratego, but I love the original game.

Like the original game, I would set up 10-20 preset starting configs (placement of units eg flag behind bombs at the back, scouting coloumn up the middle, stacked left or right etc etc) and randomly select one for the AI at the start of the game. Then your ai can lean towards following a good strategy for the randomly selected set up. For example if you have bombs blocking the left and a scout column on the right, base you moves on a hard scout and kill discovered units on the right strategy.

This would give you a boost because with a set up and strategy for it, you kind of have a head start on AI that looks smarter than just programming it based on map position.

@avihaybarn Do you have any questions, or would you just like to discuss?

My question is how to build this Ai Optimaly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement