🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I played Starcraft 2

Started by
14 comments, last by Cthulhoo 3 years, 5 months ago

swiftcoder said:
cost quite a bit while pathfinding

nice. they cost quite a bit of collision detection as well I guess? larger map deeper optimization tree?

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement

Calin said:

darthdeus said:

Calin said:

How many units does a Starcraft game have on a map with 8 players? If all units are marines (buildings not counted) I count 1600 (8*200)?

Two zerglings count as one supply, so 3200 (400*8) ?

Zerglings have less polygons no effects on attack etc. so they`re lite on cpu load

Rendering isn't really the problem though, especially since RTS units can be probably all instance rendered, at least units of the same type.

created Hell Loop - indie pixel art tower defense platformer

darthdeus said:

Calin said:

darthdeus said:

Calin said:

How many units does a Starcraft game have on a map with 8 players? If all units are marines (buildings not counted) I count 1600 (8*200)?

Two zerglings count as one supply, so 3200 (400*8) ?

Zerglings have less polygons no effects on attack etc. so they`re lite on cpu load

Rendering isn't really the problem though, especially since RTS units can be probably all instance rendered, at least units of the same type.

and not all units are in one screen to be rendered all at once.

swiftcoder said:
quite the technical feat

nice they come up with a feature/capability that will never be used (and by a wide margin)

swiftcoder said:

They still cost quite a bit while pathfinding, though. Running 3,200 zerglings through a chokepoint on the map is quite the technical feat.

I prefer doing that with spore crawlers. (Well … not really.) They don't cost supply, so you can build as many as you want. And if you unburrow them, they can walk.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement