🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for help converting Spriter to Spine

Started by
1 comment, last by a light breeze 3 years ago

Hello. I'm working on upgrading an existing indie game I worked on. I created the character sprites using Spriter by Brash Monkey.

I need to convert projects files. I'm trying to export the Spriter files to Spine 2d by Esoteric. I found a file converter (https://github.com/zhong317/spriter2spine) which is great, I don't have to start over from scratch.

On the Github page, it says under unsupported features: "Bone hierarchy animation. it mean that you can't change the bone hierarchical relation in animation." What does that mean, I can't make sense of it?

When I use the converter, I get an error message that says

[WARNING] Unsupported bone hierarchy animation: entity name(3) ani name(1) mainline id(1) time: 99.000000 object_ref(1): bone hierarchy inconsistent!

[INFO] End convert!

Just to be sure, I created a completely new project and rigged a new skeleton in Spriter. I converted that Spriter project to a Spine project. The converter worked fine with no errors.

I have a lot of projects, and it would take a lot of work to remake them from scratch. What can I do to make the projects compatible with the converter?

The other option is converting to Unity, but Unity doesn't have as many skeleton edit options as Spriter or Spine. I'm converting to Spine because Spriter doesn't support mesh deformation when exporting to Unity

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum. I asked on other forums but I haven't been answered yet.

Advertisement

It means that the parent-child relationships between bones are not allowed to change during an animation, presumably because Spine doesn't support that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement