🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I want to build a team to create a new NBA game.

Started by
8 comments, last by akidnamedmiquel 2 years, 3 months ago

Hi, my name is Miquel, I am a huge gamer, I love to play open-world, RPG's, sports, and first-person shooter games. For the last several years, 2K has taken over the NBA simulation games, they release a broken game and EA doesn't even want to attempt to try and make an alternative game. I am intending to set up a Kickstarter and sit down with the NBA and NBPA to discuss bringing on an alternative developer to build new games.

In the mean time, I want to build a team to create a new NBA simulation game. If interested, leave a comment and I'll gather your info to talk more details.

Advertisement

Send me a pm, with your skills experience and plan, and email.

Oddly enough some guy contacted me to ask if my company wanted to work on an NBA sim game.

I'd be happy to make the connection under two conditions.

You report back to me periodically on how it's going. And you connect with me on LinkedIn, nd follow my company.

I do not promise you or him anything. I'm just a mediator in this situation.

Send me a summary of your proposal and plans and I'll see what I can do.

I have no interest or intension to be a part of your development team or in any way interfere with your and their plans.

And if I do this, this is effectively an endorsement or a referral if you make me regret this, I can make sure you never work in the games industry officially.

I do not support or endorse people or products that often, so know I'm going out on a limb for you, a complete stranger and I get very little ROI at this time.

If you burn me or this dev, I promise, you will regret it.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

GeneralJist said:
And if I do this, this is effectively an endorsement or a referral if you make me regret this, I can make sure you never work in the games industry officially.

I do not support or endorse people or products that often, so know I'm going out on a limb for you, a complete stranger and I get very little ROI at this time.

WTF is wrong with you?

This isn't the first time you've spoken to someone in this manner.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

fleabay said:

GeneralJist said:

WTF is wrong with you?

This isn't the first time you've spoken to someone in this manner.

I agree. That's such an odd and out-of-the-blue thing to say to a stranger on the internet. It's the kind of thing you expect from a mobster in Goodfellas or The Godfather. Add to the fact that it doesn't make any sense. Saying that 1. you don't endorse people often; 2. you are willing to endorse a stranger on the internet without any gamedev experience based on five sentences they wrote in a public forum; 3. threatening the stranger if they “burn you”.

GeneralJist said:
if you make me regret this, I can make sure you never work in the games industry officially.

Totally out of line. Member has been warned.

akidnamedmiquel said:
I am intending to set up a Kickstarter and sit down with the NBA and NBPA to discuss bringing on an alternative developer to build new games.

This is an unrealistic goal for a self-styled “kid." A more realistic goal is to make a kick-ass basketball game. After it astounds the game industry by its excellence and popularity, then you can approach those sports organizations.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I made a new thread publicly apologizing. I was wrong.

I'm trying to convey how seriously I take myself, this industry and my work.

And I'm not trying to threaten anyone, but I know this about myself, that if someone screws me over, I have in the past, and do now go to the ends of the earth to exact my form of justice and revenge. I once contacted LinkedIn after a former contributor lied to me, ghosted me and lied on his LinkedIn about how long he was with my company, all the while pretending he had dropped off the grid to take care of his disabled mother, who he couldn't even name how she got her money, if it was state or federal disability. He ghosted my team for months, and ignored email after email. and had the gall to respond to a GDC 2019 email, asking if “he could come”. He tried to dictate terms to me, after doing sub par work , IDK where he is now, but if I ever find out where he is now, I have no qualms about going there and telling the documented truth about his conduct. And make sure that he never gets in the games industry or associated industries.

He showed me exactly what kind of person he was when the pressure and expectations were relatively low, so how can he or anyone be expected to perform at a higher level? with higher responsibility? with money and lives on the line?

I'm not joking, making games effects lives, and has the potential to get to their psychology, to lead to addiction to lead to social connection, to be a gateway to all of humanity, if you a dev never thought of it that way, and just thought your making a fun little thing to pass the time, then your wrong, and I'd encourage every dev reading this to learn psychology and sociology.

If your not ready for that responsibility, if you don't want that control; and power, then know who you are, know what level of success you'd be happy with. And once your done with your game, move on and live life.

I have no tolerance for people who act in unethical ways, and the industry can't afford to have bad people in it, period. I know and understand many secrets now, and the price is too high, the cost is too great if the industry lets bad people in. One bad apple can and does spoil the entire pot. I've seen it, I've experienced it 1st hand. One horrible girl got in my gaming guild, and single handedly brought down one of my proudest and happiest orgs I've built in my life. I forgave her years later, but if she hadn't did what she did, that guild would still be running to this day.

I don't have the time or patience to deal with people who are not good not serious, and not dedicated. I refuse to keep in contact with people who don't meet my high standards. I've always been this way. I'm trying to adjust myself a little. But if I put myself on the line for you, for anyone, you better deliver. If you don't it makes me look bad. And makes me not want to help people. That is why I am so picky with who I help and how I help.

I hope yall understand, research says it's an INFJ thing.

I made the offer to the OP because I want to help all parties, I want a better industry and if the OP genuinely has the courage of his convictions if he is certain his plan and he can do what he says he can, and it's not just a pipe dream, He will rise to the occasion

But if he has doubt in himself his plan his capabilities, and is fated to just run a fan kick starter game, we will find out very soon.

I have been told by executives in the industry that they've been waiting for someone with my skills for a very long time, and they want my genuine help in weeding the wheat from the chaff . So I am doing this, on my own time, for “Free” helping them, helping others, helping everyone. So never again will talent go un noticed, and people who are indeed ready for the big leagues can be rewarded, so we can have a systematic sorting of the games industry.

If this makes you or anyone uncomfortable I'm sorry, you've all had a life time to figure it out, and be who you are, It's now time for judgment and sorting each according to their kind.

Our company homepage:

My New Book!:

Tom Sloper said:
This is an unrealistic goal for a self-styled “kid.

Your staff, so can find out his age and if he is worth our time.

On the internet, we only know what they choose to tell us.

If he is indeed a kid with dreams but no teeth, then this has been educational, and the offer stands to anyone else who has interest, experience to actually rise to the occasion. pm me if anyone has the teeth to work on a real NBA sim game. I will of course need your LinkedIn resume, and actually talk to you.

As for the OP, go to moddb.com find a mod you like, volunteer for that to gain experience or indiedb and put your plan out there. See what traction you get. Also FYI, your not allowed to call it NBA or any thing that infringes on the name of it if you go the indie wrote. If you go the mod wrote, then NBA all you want.

Our company homepage:

My New Book!:

@GeneralJist I did email you on your website as well, I am just an aspiring developer looking to gain more experience and build upon a dream I've been attempting to build since 2016.

@generaljist What's your email so I can send you my proposal and plans.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement