🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Graphics Command List and Command Allocators for multiple render windows and without

Started by
2 comments, last by Alundra 2 years, 2 months ago

Hello,

I have an init function loading the shaders and all the persistent data used for the rendering.
During this init the render window is not created (swap chain).

After this init the render window is created and multiple others can be created (different rendering purpose).
The question is how to handle the graphics command list and command allocators properly to have all this situation working properly.

Is is good to have a triple buffered graphis command list and command allocators in each render window that ring buffer + have a global graphics command list and command allocator for the case when there is no render window?
Maybe there is a better strategy to split the creation of resources like VB, IB, Textures… in a specific graphics command list + command allocator?

Is there a better way or is it common for this case?
Thanks!

Advertisement

After some more research it looks like it's related to Copy Queue but I did not yet get the total about it and how to create/use/destroy.

Ok problem apparently solved, I see 0 error message of D3D12 and no crash and all good visually.
For future reference, it's possible to create a global command allocator and graphics command buffer that then you use for all create buffer, texture, texture cube, swapchain resize and swapchain screenshot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement