🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D Artist seeking a Programmer to collaborate on new game project - images attached

Started by
2 comments, last by daltonc 2 years, 2 months ago

I am a 3D artist / designer looking for a programmer to work with on a new game project that we would design and create together.

These are some mockup scenes I modeled in Blender using a basic toon shader. It's a sample of the basic visual style I've chosen to go forward with, which I've found allows me to quickly generate a lot of environmental detail.

My name is Bill and I am a 3D modeler, animator, and generalist game designer with about 12 years experience in the field and have worked closely alongside several programmers developing 3D games in that time, gaining experience from many failures and successes in game design, development, and production.

I’m searching for an experienced programmer / coder who would be excited about working on a new 3D game project with me.

Regarding the attached mockup screenshots, the rough game concept here was a variation of zombie survival set in a toon-shaded stylized environment like this. But instead of zombie-killing violence, it is more of a stealth and avoidance game where you strategically use the environment to avoid zombie swarms.

However that is just the first idea I had and I’m willing to go in another direction. I prefer letting the game prototyping and playtesting guide the game design.

I was also interested in doing some sort of quirky adventure-rpg set in modern day city and suburbs. Something along the lines of a combination of Zelda and Earthbound. The game idea could also be much more casual, like a Pizza Delivery simulator. I’m fairly open to different design ideas as long as it’s fun and accessible and we put our hearts into it.

Currently I am planning on working in Blender and Unity.

I am looking for a programmer who would be interested in pursuing something like this in a partnership where we basically have equal creative input. This would be considered a part-time, contribute-when-you-can work schedule, at least until we succeed at producing something high quality and fun and hopefully turn it into something that can be full-time.

I live in the USA, and we would be working remotely of course. Good communication would be important and I would like us to be determined and dedicated in our development process and production, keeping in mind we each have lots of other responsibilities in life to deal with.

If you are an experienced 3D game programmer / coder / software-engineer and this sounds interesting to you please contact me at billsmith3d[at]gmail[dot]com and I would love to hear your thoughts about it. In your message, please add a link to examples of any work that shows what kind of experience you have in game development.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

Pretty nice graphics!

My GitHub is at:

https://github.com/sjhalayka?tab=repositories

I worked on a couple of Unity projects before.

@Bill3D83 I really like your style! I'm a fairly new unity developer (working with the engine on and off a few years) and I would love to try working with you on a project. I really like the idea of a top down Rpg style game and have already messed around with some camera mechanics from a previous project that I believe would work nicely with your assets. If you are intersted in working with me, please send me and email at daltonLchastain96@gmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement