🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Which Gaming Engine would be best for my game idea?

Started by
14 comments, last by Ultraporing 1 year, 7 months ago

Geri said:

Why would someone use an engine for a 2D game? We are not in 1997.

There are still a l of of 2d games made today oh and 2d games go back to the 80s this is how long this genre has lasted for.

Your point of view then would question why are there still lots of 2d gaming engines still being used today ? Because they are still popular.

Advertisement

TimCS said:
Your point of view then would question why are there still lots of 2d gaming engines still being used today ?

No, im actually questioning your coding skills.

TimCS said:

• Godot (not sure how to start using this however)

If you want to figure out how to start using Godot, I'd suggest going to youtube and typing in “Godot tutorial 2D” here here is an example result, which you might find interesting. . .

Warp9 said:

TimCS said:

• Godot (not sure how to start using this however)

If you want to figure out how to start using Godot, I'd suggest going to youtube and typing in “Godot tutorial 2D” here here is an example result, which you might find interesting. . .

Thanks I've looked at these tutorials they are good . Although they generally cover the coding side not visual scripting

TimCS said:
Thanks I've looked at these tutorials they are good . Although they generally cover the coding side not visual scripting

Hiho, sadly Godot discontinues Visual Scripting with version 4.0 like stated in this article https://godotengine.org/article/godot-4-will-discontinue-visual-scripting

So you would need to stay on version 3.xx.
Here is a visual scripting tutorial for 2D movement:

“It's a cruel and random world, but the chaos is all so beautiful.”
― Hiromu Arakawa

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement