🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGL 4 C++ project needs voxel art

Started by
29 comments, last by taby 1 year, 7 months ago

That's good to see! :-)

Advertisement

OK, I'm not super happy with the font system (which works up to 8K resolution, but is not optimal in terms of speed), so I'm going to redo it by hand. However, before I do that, we should pick a font. I run Windows 11. Any recommendations?

No recommendations on the font stuff.

I do have a new model I've been working on. . . It would be good if your game has some kind of glowing material for the eyes. But I can probably make do, if not.

Oh, right on! Hmm. I’ll see what I can do about glowing eyes.

Edit: sorry wrong thread.

what I was going to say was that I think that you’re very talented, and I appreciate your hard work.

Oh yes, I should also mention that if you ever need to revoke your permission for me to use these characters, just let me know. I mean, if you need them for a commercial job or whatnot.

taby said:

Oh yes, I should also mention that if you ever need to revoke your permission for me to use these characters, just let me know. I mean, if you need them for a commercial job or whatnot.

Don't worry about that. I'm having fun making these things. :-)

Ok, so I found a plethora of characters by ephtracy. https://github.com/ephtracy/voxel-model/tree/master/vox/character

So I think we should still use these assets. Would you consider it? I mean, would you be able to make more monsters, instead of heroes? Please let me know what you think.

@taby That sounds great to me!

I made a mistake. The grid cells are 16x16. So the characters can realistically be up to only 24x24. I hope that this is not too much of an inconvenience. The 32x32 characters are just a bit too big.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement