🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

math routines

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 2 weeks, 6 days ago

I was writing up some documentation for my app and was reading the docs for the math addon here: https://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/sdk/docs/manual/doc_addon_math.html.

I realized that the exponentiation function exp() is not included. I dug up the references for the C math.h and I see that there are quite a few things that are not included.

Perhaps some of these omissions are intentional, but I would think that exp() would be pretty mainstream.

Would a patch expanding the math addon to support everything in C's math.h be accepted? Is there a reason to stop short of that?

Advertisement

I never intended for the included math add-on to be complete. I just created it to show the path for application developers to expand it however they want.

It would be great if someone where to provide a more complete binding library for maths as a third party library. Similar to Sami Vuorela's Template Add-on library,

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement