Advertisement

I'm new to "game development" and I'm pretty lost

Started by July 12, 2024 07:25 PM
11 comments, last by Eddeshadow 1 month, 3 weeks ago

“A place where beginners can propose hobby projects, talk about their passion for game design and gaming, and just generally connect.”

I skimmed your post. Understand there are 10 million gamers in the world with bright ideas and passion for gaming. You need to translate that passion into art or programming to get a hard skill that helps you make products (games). I went to the #1 video game college in the world and still saw at least one person fail because he was addicted to World of Warcraft and failed out. So if you have the passion to actually set aside gaming and learn how to start fiddling, before you look for a team, decide what you think you want to do OR just tinker around. Blender is a free 3D art program. I used it the last 20+ years. I made games with art I made from it. Unreal Engine is free to download and you can learn to make game prototypes of your ideas and put your own art in if you wish etc.

“I'm starting University soon, and I would like to get a foot in the door before studies swallow up most of my time.”

If you want someone to hold your hand for paid help and give specific career advice you can send me a message.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims

@undefined hey, im currently looking for some people to start creating a projekt, would be like international english/german/russian people.

Currently 1 2d/3d artist, 1 3d artist and me, a 3d artist/programmer, pretty new to engine stuff and really just looking for company as Im the only one interested in making games in my friendcircle tbh.

Greetings Edde

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement