🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to learn how to make games

Started by
2 comments, last by Possibility 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I have just taken a course in C++ and I was wondering if someone could point me to a place on the web that will teach new people how to start making simple games. In my C++ course, all of our programs were simple and were run from a unix shell prompt. They had no graphics and no user interface at all. I guess what i need to learn is how to make some graphics appear on the screen and learn how to incorporate a mouse. I just want to be able to make like a very simple game like Tic-Tac-Toe. I also have Visual C++ for my home pc but do very little with it. So if you know of some places where i can get a lesson on how to make extremely simple games for a beginner, I would be very thankfull. Possibility
Advertisement
Go to amazon.com, and you''ll probably find a book for your needs. Otherwise, search the web.

Sorry, I cannot point you towards something more exactly. But what most people miss, is that if you search - you''ll find.
You may want to check out the reference area here at gamedev. this is probably the best place for you to start out...read some of the tutorials and articles..

-Syntax
-dieraxx@iname.com
-Lucas
Since you know C++ I would pick up Tricks of The Windows Game Programming Gurus by Andre LaMothe. This is probably the perfect book for you

--TheGoop

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement