Advertisement

Total Newbie..

Started by December 28, 2001 02:50 PM
7 comments, last by Mugwump 22 years, 8 months ago
Hello all i am a complete newbie i havent even bought a book on the subject yet, basically ive always had a hankering to produce a turn based traditional hex style wargame - what would be the best / easiest language to get started with ?
quote: Original post by Mugwump
What would be the best/easiest language to get started with?

Best and easiest are two different things. Most people will agree that C/C++ are the most common (and probably the most powerful) languages around for making games. However, they aren''t easy languages to learn (once you learn them they''re easy to use, however). If you want more information, try this page.
Advertisement
I say C++. If that''s too hard, try Python, BlitzBASIC, darkBASIC, etc. Good luck, and remember: it''s bigger than it looks.

Later,
ZE.

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Thanks for that .....
I would start with C. But thats my opinion.
Start with C++. It might be harder to learn than other languages, but in the end you will find that it is well worth the effort.
Advertisement
I agree with the last post. Start with C++, learning another programming language a a primer is what a lot of people would recomend but I don''t think that is the way to go since you will only have to relearn a new language anyway. Good Luck

Grellin - CGP
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
Well, I started with Visual Basic and moved to C++, but I wish had gone straight to C++, that would have been easier i think.
Well, I started with Visual Basic and moved to C++, but I wish had gone straight to C++, that would have been easier i think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement