Advertisement

OpenSource Projects

Started by December 30, 2001 09:02 PM
2 comments, last by R0adk1ll 22 years, 8 months ago
Hello, I'm a total Newbie to Game-Devlopement, but I have average to really good c/c++ skills, and now I'm searching for a new challenge, I want to Programm Games (Dos / Win), I found a few Projects with SourceCode, but most of them were in Pascal. I thought maybe one of you know where to find a nice Beginner-suitable Project (with SourceCode of course) where I could learn a little. Thank you in Advance Sven P.S.: I use Borland C++ Builder 4 (Win) and borland C++ 5.0 (Dos)and gcc for Unix Edited by - R0adk1ll on December 30, 2001 10:03:59 PM
www.sourceforge.net
Advertisement
I''m already a Sourceforge member, but I didn''t really find something appropriate, I''m more interested in a tutorial-like thing. Thanks Anyway

Sven
the only tutorial like things you will find are those that come with a book, for example Programming Linux Games walks you thru the development of penguin warrior, a space shotter, you can get the source for the book from www.nostarch.com, but buying the book gets you the "tutorial" part.

Open Source projects are projects, not meant to teach, so you might find poor commenting, and optimizations that might give you trouble when learning. That said, I find http://xtux.sourceforge.net to be a great project, and I have seen plenty of games in sourceforge.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement