🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Photoshop

Started by
3 comments, last by Cenedra 22 years, 6 months ago
I was wondering if anyone knows how to export a Photoshop image as a BMP? In particulare, I need to export it as a 8 bit 256 color map. Any help would be most appreciated. Cenedra
Advertisement
With your image open, just go to "image" "mode" and then "indexed color" You should be able to set the color depth to 256. Then go to "save as" and choose "bmp". I window should pop up and already be set to 8 bit color.

Lou
Louhttp://www.louisferina.com
spot the guy doing mod work :D
I''m not sure about what seven79 said, but you do need to make sure that your image has only one layer. (making the alteration mentioned by seven79 does this as a side-effect.)
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
I''m not sure about what seven79 said, but you do need to make sure that your image has only one layer. (making the alteration mentioned by seven79 does this as a side-effect.)

Doesn''t Photoshop flatten the image automatically?

-----------------------------

Babm
BabJap Productions

"To gain control of the force called ''Animation'' is the true divine goal in life."
----------------------------- Babm"Programmer: an organism that changes coffee into software."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement