🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

conv3ds.exe Help!!(directX 7a)

Started by
1 comment, last by Wrathnut 24 years, 4 months ago
I just bought the directx 7a sdk, and was trying to figure it out when I figured I might as well just jump right into it. I don''t have a 3d modelling program installed on my computer but I was trying to get a model up and running in either the vb xFile viewer or the C++ xFile viewer, it works fine with the xFiles that shipped with the samples but I downloaded a model off the net from half-life in the 3ds format. And no matter how I tried to convert it with the conv3ds.exe it would never open.... or if it did it would be a straightline of connected points.. I''m wondering if everyone else is having this problem? Is there another conversion program for converting .3ds files to .x files? BTW here are some of the options I used when converting: conv3ds -x -X gordon.3ds I used the -x -X option everytime and tried almost every other combination of options but all to no avail.. any input would be appreciated!! Thanks, -Wrathnut
Advertisement
I was having trouble once with conv3ds while I was importing someone else''s mesh in .3ds format. I actually ran into this problem many times. I''m not sure if it''s going to help in your specific case, but all I did was use the -m option to produce a single mesh as output (as opposed to a frame hierarchy).
------When thirsty for life, drink whisky. When thirsty for water, add ice.
Yeah, I tried that too. and serval other combinations of stuff.. I guess I really need to make the models myself.. Does anyone know of a good 3d modeling program I can get for FREE or alteast for very cheap?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement