8bit to 24bit conversion

Started by
0 comments, last by brewknowc 22 years, 7 months ago
I am trying to take the demo chapter 8_11 (scrolling tile demo) and make it 24 bit. I changed the globals, and made a 24 bit image. The program runs, but each image looks like 1/9 the tilesize (64 x 64). Now I assumed this was because in 24 bit there is 3 times the info of an 8 bit file, but found no where to compensate for this. I came to the conclusion that the create_bob function was making the correct size ddsurfaces, but the load_frame_bob, was not loading the 24 bit images correctly into the surface. If anyone can help me understand what the problem is I would appreciate it. Thank You Bruno - Free Your Mind -
- Free Your Mind -
Advertisement
1. nobody will know what the demo chapter 8_11 is from, nor what the functions do unless they read the things you have. case in point i have no idea what you are talking about.

2. conversion of 8bit to 24bit is quite simple. in fact so simple i will show you right here.

// WARNING: this is PSUDEO code // it assumes thet you understand://    the 24bit format//    8bit format//    how to plot/read pixels in both// if not then you porbally should learn that first.for(y=0; y<height; y++)for(x=0; x<width; x++){   colorIndex = Image8bit.pixels[x+y*pitch];   Image24bit.pixels[x+y*pitch].red = = pallete[colorIndex].red;   Image24bit.pixels[x+y*pitch].grn = = pallete[colorIndex].grn;   Image24bit.pixels[x+y*pitch].blu = = pallete[colorIndex].blu;}// that is the basics of going from 8bit to 24bit.      

Edited by - a person on January 26, 2002 7:19:19 PM

Edited by - a person on January 26, 2002 7:21:06 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement