🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A.l.i.c.e.

Started by
6 comments, last by Zols 22 years, 5 months ago
do annyone here know if the alice bot has an AI? and can someone please tell me how its done, i dont meen you should tell me everything about it but just little soe i know the basic... Zols Zols
Zols
Advertisement
Yes Alice Bot has an AI or she wouldn''t be a bot now, would she? :-)

Check it out:

http://www.alicebot.org/

http://www.alicebot.org/downloads/

‘But truth's a menace, science a public danger.’ Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
To follow up. There''s a lot of info - but most of the download links are 404

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
but alice have no memory... whats the AI in it. isent it just predefined aswers to my questions. I dont understand.

Zols
Zols
since when does ai have to remeber everything? all that ai means is that some form of intelligence is apparent. whether it is real intelligence or not really does not matter. alice is quite sophisticated whne answer your questions. she actually parses the english languge. i highly suggest you look ta the source to see the complexity involved and download a version of alice to try out for yoru self. have a converstaion with her. you will be surprised how well she can talk, heck i bet you can fool some of your friends into think she is really a person on the net. i higly suggest getting a gui/console version that you can run on yoru pc instead of the web based one which is unfortunatly not as nice nor as convincing as the console/irc/gui versions.
okej... it was not my will to say annything bad about here... I think she is smart and fun to "talk" with...
but first she asked me if I were a man or a womman, and i said man. in the next question I was asking here if I were a man or a woman and she did''t know...

Zols
Zols
Some chatter bots have memory. After finding dead download links at alice.org I went hunting at google and found
Simon Laven''s Chatter Bot Central Check it out if you want to learn more about teachable chatter bots.

I think Alice is mostly reactive, matching your reply with templates... there''s no need to remember everything, but the concept of state is essential!

Artificial Intelligence Depot - Maybe it''s not all about graphics...

Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement