Advertisement

moving on...

Started by February 06, 2002 12:29 AM
2 comments, last by elis-cool 22 years, 7 months ago
I''m just about to finsh C++ for dummies and want to know what to go on to next. I was thinking C++ the complete refernce 4th edition or maybe a windows programming book; any suggestions? What about Tricks of the game programming gurus by Andre LeMothe'' (sorry for the incorrect spelling) but its in C not C++, i''ve heard its good but I want to learn C++ not C.
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
quote: Original post by elis-cool
I''m just about to finsh C++ for dummies and want to know what to go on to next. I was thinking C++ the complete refernce 4th edition or maybe a windows programming book; any suggestions?
What about Tricks of the game programming gurus by Andre LeMothe'' (sorry for the incorrect spelling) but its in C not C++, i''ve heard its good but I want to learn C++ not C.

C++ is a superset of C, so when you learn C you are in fact learning some C++. I would say go for LaMothe''s Gurus book, or his Windows Game Programming for Dummies (I haven''t read that one, but I hear it is good).

Advertisement
yeah but some syntax is slightly different and somethings arent in there, different keywords etc
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
Best book on C++ ever written is Thinking in C++ , by Bruce Eckell

It is a PDF format. You can buy a printed copy if you want or just go with the electronic version. I have both. It is clear, consice and very well written.

Landsknecht
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement