Advertisement

PUZZLE: way to game industry

Started by February 07, 2002 12:26 PM
1 comment, last by caocao 22 years, 7 months ago
I am a digital media student who has just finished a 4-semester college study and I studied all digi stuffs, like 3dsmax, photpshop, multimedia, web,film editting....and diversities actually made me NOT specialized in anyone of them . Getting into the game industry and being a great game designer someday later is always a dream in my deep heart. But I have seen many successful game designer actually started from programmer....I know they are tons of great artist in this field and I am on my way to be one of them. However, I don''t want to be just a great artist, BUT a great designer. In my mind, "game" design is sth like creating an idea of game type(FF series as RPG, Commandos as realtime-strategy-action(?) and Diablo as action-RPG....create different speics and keep balance between them like in startcraft......level design...)....sth like this. I guess you guys know what I mean. I am thinking of being a cool 3d or 2d artist first and getting into this field and then continuing my further game-design-dream in....maybe several years? Can I switch to it later or I will have to be an artist only? So you can see the puzzle here.....I even don''t know if my idea is correct. If it is an endless dream, please give me a slap and drag me back, show me the better way.... Anyway..I like 3dsmax and PS, I will dive into them. Oh...forgive my shabby english and I appreciate any reply here!
hmm.... just make your way up there, start small, start where you are good at then learn a lot from that moment on, sooner or later you''d be what you want to be,

maybe right now you could like build yourself up a portfolio or something to show to game development companies

http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
Advertisement
You can get to designing from almost any area - programming, artist, tester. You just have to put in your time and make your interest known.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement