🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Texture libraries

Started by
6 comments, last by BSXrider 22 years, 4 months ago
Do people buy them, if so from where? Or are there some good free websites? I can''t believe EVERYONE makes their own or rips em from quake, must be loads of sites full of them? - seb
Advertisement
There are a few sites with small collections of textures. The largest I have found is 3dcafe.com.
They also have a links section to other sites.

There are some comercial collections you could buy on CD(s) but they cost up to $150. Usually
not a viable choice for us hobbyists.

"A witty and slightly sarcastic quote from an unkown source"
-- The generic SIG

/trysil
"A witty and slightly sarcastic quote from an unkown source"-- The generic SIG/trysil
Ahha. I''ve heard of that place before, had forgotten about it.

Cheersh!

- seb
I went and picked up a reasonably priced digital camera. Now I have about six CDs full of stuff. Greatest investment I ever made.
Those who can, do. Those who can''t, become critics.
People tend to stare when you stand half a meter from a wall taking a photo of it

"A witty and slightly sarcastic quote from an unkown source"
-- The generic SIG

/trysil
"A witty and slightly sarcastic quote from an unkown source"-- The generic SIG/trysil
Aint that the truth! Me and a co-worker went to the zoo to get texture photos last summer. Everyone is taking pictures of the animals and here I am taking a photo of a rusty old garbage can. We go some seriously funny looks that day. The best was the rhino that just happened to be right by the railing with his rear facing us. Not one to pass up a prime skin texture, I leaned over and put the camera about 3 feet from his left flank, taking a whole series of shots. The looks we got were priceless.
Those who can, do. Those who can''t, become critics.
Actually that''s a good point. I have over a grand''s worth of digicam on my desk here. The house is lacking marble though

- seb
Another good place is http://www.3dlinks.com/

--
http://www.3dcgi.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement