🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

gmax anyone?

Started by
2 comments, last by archon 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello Folks, Has anyone checked out gmax? Looking at Discreet''s website, http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/gmax_index.html , it looks like a highly affordable, and legal alternative to trying to obtain a cracked copy of 3DSMax. I''m guessing, though don''t know for sure, that 3DSMax comes with a ton of features in-game art might have no use for? Anyway, just seeing if anyone has used/knows about it. thanks. gf
Advertisement
Well ........
Its pretty damn expensive. I called Discreet and they said for the dev version its $10,000 for a 4-seat license. Ouch. I guess the ''free'' version simply lets you mod games which have been developed using the dev version.
oh well.
mmm, for a serious work, 3dsmax complete is the best choice. gmax is only for some "stuff" such made a new FS2001 plane.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
What are you talking about it being 10K? Why would you need the dev version? The dev version is for CUSTOMIZING games that are gmax ready.
O O

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement