Advertisement

Need help moving from vb.net to c++

Started by February 13, 2002 09:53 AM
3 comments, last by SauronTheDark 22 years, 6 months ago
I am wondering if anyone knows of any good resources for someone who has a very basic knowlege of c to get into game programing. I already know how to create games in vb6 and vb.net . And the languages that i know are as follows: Visual Basic 6 Visual Basic.NET Qbasic (long long time ago) and i only know the basics of C and a tiny little bit of Assembly.
#define BLOODY_WORK_THIS_TIME;
HI!

Try searching on GOOGLE for C/C++ tutorials. There is so much stuff in the internet... There are also some free books available , I think one ist called "Thining in C++" or something like that. Or BUY a good book...

Maybe you should have a look at the other posts in this forum.
There already have been a lot of questions like this!

The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
Advertisement
Thank you for the advice.
I have now got a good grasp at the language thanks to a friend of mine who sat me down for a hour or so and showed me how to do a few things.

One bit of advice i have for anyone trying to start c++ like i did is to learn something like OpenGL at the same time. It might sound silly at first but when you start programing in c/c++ this way you get results that are more satisfying. I am not saying go staight into it but i am saying get into it as soon as possible. And if you want to do this i must say NeHe''s tutorials are very very usfull.

I hope i made some sence :p (if i don''t i will blame the fact that its 3:30 am :p )
When I was shopping at Barnes and Nobles the other day (I picked up (one of) Andre LaMothe''s book! hurray!), I saw a book entitled "Beginning C++ for the Visual Basic Programmer" or something like that...It would be in the C++ section though.
I think it was $30, I''m not sure

"I''ve learned something today: It doesn''t matter if you''re white, or if you''re black...the only color that REALLY matters is green"
-Peter Griffin
"I've learned something today: It doesn't matter if you're white, or if you're black...the only color that really matters is green"-Peter Griffin
hmm sounds intresting

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement