🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sites....

Started by
10 comments, last by scout958 22 years, 4 months ago
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any answers anywhere. I was wondering if there are any tutorials on making game graphics with PSP? Most tutorials I find on PSP are oriented toward web development. They show you how to make spheres, graphical text, etc. but nothing that involves making graphics that could be used in games. Any help is appreciated. Thanx!!! Scout Visit Subversive Systems!!! Edited by - scout958 on February 17, 2002 8:49:34 PM
ScoutVisit Subversive Systems!!!--Remember, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
Advertisement
graphics for games?

-2d
-3d
-for web.
-for presentation
-for background
-for texture

???.

be more specific.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
I''m sorry if I was not specific enough. Yes, I am interested in creating graphics for 2d games. The reason why it is 2d is because the only program I really have to work with is Paint Shop Pro. I just want any kind of information that I can find on how to use Paint Shop Pro to create any kind of 2d graphics in games. I hope this answers your question. Thanks!!!
ScoutVisit Subversive Systems!!!--Remember, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
I''m sorry if I was not specific enough. Yes, I am interested in creating graphics for 2d games. The reason why it is 2d is because the only program I really have to work with is Paint Shop Pro. I just want any kind of information that I can find on how to use Paint Shop Pro to create any kind of 2d graphics in games. I hope this answers your question. Thanks!!!
in my opinion you should get the gimp, browse the tutorials for that, and then look for photoshop tutorials, and figure out how to do the same effects with the gimp.

also I find easier to get a free/cheap 3d modeler, export your models to POVRAY and render stills for your game, this way you get 3d looking 2d images

www.gimp.org
www.povray.org
www.openfx.org
www.blender3d.com

Thank you for the input!!! I will definetely check out the links. I just want to ask you is what makes Gimp so good? Is it better than PSP? If it isn''t then I probably won''t download it because I already have PSP. Again, thank you!!!

Scout

Visit Subversive Systems!!!
well I am no artist, so I cant give you details, many artists go from Adobe Photoshop to Gimp and end up liking it better, some stay with Adobe Photoshop.

the things I can highlight are:

Gimp is Free
Gimp has a scripting engine, much more powerful than Adobe Photoshop Macros.
Gimp runs better in Linux, however I use the windows port, and had no problems so far.

so I would say get it, try it and make your desition.

Edit: wrote PSP (Paint Shop Pro instead of Adobe Photoshop)

Edited by - kwizatz on February 18, 2002 6:12:55 PM
Ok, thank you!!! I''ll go check it out. I was just wondering.

Scout

in case you are still around here is a link to some tuts I found on my bookmarks

http://www.handson.nu/
Yea, I''m still around. Thanks for the the input. If anyone else has any good tutorials on 2d game graphics that you think are good please post. I really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Scout

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement