Sites....

Started by
10 comments, last by scout958 22 years, 5 months ago
Okay, here''s where you all can start yellin at me and telling me I''m crazy, but PAINT SHOP PRO CAN BE BETTER THAN PHOTOSHOP FOR GAMES! Yes, I''m telling you this! I''m very proficient with both programs, and I keep finding myself using Paint Shop Pro. Here is where I find the difference... Photoshop is just what it says, "A Shop for Photos" - Its strength lies in editing/improving/altering existing images. So yeah, if you aren''t starting from scratch, you Photoshop. But if you are wanting to do game graphics? I say Paint Shop Pro. For some reason, Paint Shop Pro works so much better with making images from scratch. The interface is much easier to use and can do almost EVERYTHING that photoshop can. Also, PSP is MUCH cheaper.

All in all, use both, find what you like about both, and use whichever one fits your needs best.

Just my 2 cents
- T. Wade Murphy
Advertisement
I question how many artists switch from Photoshop to Gimp, but regardless I''d stick with Paint Shop Pro if you''re already familiar with it. Spend your time learning how to create art with what you have instead of learning something new. All three programs are capable of creating good images so it''s really just personal preference.

--
http://www.3dcgi.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement