🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

PSX CD Burning

Started by
16 comments, last by King 24 years, 4 months ago
How would i go about burning a cd for a playstation and getting it to run on the playstation. I know i can burn it but i hear that it doesn''t run. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Advertisement
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
First you need a MOD chip or a Game Enhancer for your Playstation, I recommend the Game Enhancer as long as you don''t have any model number 9000 and up.
Second you need some software that will allow you to burn games, what you get with a cd burner is garbage. I recommend Nero, it is very easy and if you need help with it I can help you. You can down load th Nero off the web and there are a ton of unlock codes so you get the whole porgram instead of the demo. I can''t remember what site I got mine off of, but you should easily be able to find one by using a seach engine.
That is about all you need, or at least what I can think of at this moment.
"The best way to predict the future is to create it." -Alan Kay
Funny, this site is called gamedev.net (which I assume means Game Development or Game Developers) and you are asking a bunch of people who already, or want to work in the industry how you can rip them off and play their games without paying.

Here in Australia it costs about $10 to go see a movie which is a fairly common past-time. A PC game costs about $90. Game developers invest a lot of time creating an interactive experience with detailed artwork, sound, original music (not half-baked but movie-quality soundtracks), intricate plots and all the rest for the price of ten movie tickets. When you think about what you getting for the money and also about how much effort has gone into each title (you would only understand this if you have tried to develop a game) it makes the argument that ''games are too expensive, so I''ll copy them'' pretty damn lame.

Paulcoz.
paulcoz, and any one else who wonders, I only back up the games that I bought. I do this because I have lost three games already because my brothers some how scrached the bottom of the game disc so they can''t be played. I don''t copy games that I don''t have, because I think it is wrong and it is illegal.

just my $0.02

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."
-Alan Kay
"The best way to predict the future is to create it." -Alan Kay
The only reason i ask is not to rip em off, but for backups... if you can''t see past your pathetic theory, the fuck off. Beside i know the trouble of creating a game, in fact we''re in the process right now...
King,

You didn''t exactly make your intentions clear in your original post, did you?

Thanks for surprising me with your hostility - I never saw it coming...

Paulcoz.
Hey, alway assume the worst eh?
"warez kiddies" always get angry fast.
Is that you own steriotypical view??? of a pissed off person... "warez kiddy"?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement