Advertisement

Pong Question

Started by February 22, 2002 06:16 PM
3 comments, last by Aggro5288 22 years, 6 months ago
I am programming my first game and am having a little troublw with finding out how to make the paddles on the sides. I am trying to alter the code for frakout that is in the beggining of tricks of windows gurus. Also how do you make the ball move sideways. Thanks
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Not to sound trite, but you sound like you are unfamiliar with basic programming concepts. As for your questions:

I don''t know anything about his frakout game, but paddles would consist of rectangles, I think. As far as moveing the ball. Suppose the ball''s position is stored in int x. To move right, you say x = x + 1 (or x++), and to move left, you say x = x - 1 (x--). Of course, that''s the most basic way to do it.
Advertisement
If someone tells you how to move the ball there will be no fun left for you in code a pong game... try to think hard about it and come up with a solution....
I know I push this library a lot, but I love it... Check out CDX. It''s a nice 2D library made for DirectX 7. One of the examples is a simple pong game that I wrote. It''s got some very nice examples, and mailing list support group to end all support You can find it at http://cdx.sourceforge.net/

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven
thanks. Thanks to your replies, I have decided to use all my own source and not copy and paste anyone elses. I have comleted the gameplay and now all I need to make is a title screen and instructions. for my next game, I am going to make a breakout clone. The only problem is, I dont know how to make a level editor. . . does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or other sources with tips on making one??
Thanks
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement