Advertisement

where can i get a copy of visual basic?

Started by February 23, 2002 01:07 AM
8 comments, last by Drake_redfire256 22 years, 6 months ago
is it possible for me to get a download of visual basic or do i have to go out and buy it?
I don''t think anyone is going to give you a download site, and even if they did the moderators would delete the entry. You''ll have to do the honorable thing and buy it.

ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish
ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish
Advertisement
thanks
I believe there is a "VB Control Creation Edition" that can be downloaded fre from MS...

-----------------------------
Damnit Dave, I would have a link to Graphics Wars here, but you haven''t put it up on GDNet yet!

The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.

Democracy is where you say what you want and do what you''re told.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
thanks again i shall wait i guess its a very expensive program and very very hard to download but thanks once again
there is a free version of visual basic 6 available. see microsoft.com. Its exactly the same as the full version except you cannt create executables, you can only run your programs from visual basic.
Advertisement
Would that be "Learning Edition" or something like that? Buy a Teach Yourself Visual Basic... book and get VB6 LE on a CD.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
The control creation version is free, and it lets you create ActiveX controls... which were kind of like Microsoft''s answer to Java applets... I don''t think they took off though for web based stuff. They can also be used in peoples programs as controls too. So, if you want to see if you like the language, then the control creation version should be enough (as said before, it can''t create standalone applications, but you could make a website which would have your application on it)

I''m an Australian student, so any prices I mention will be Australian dollars (divide by 2 for US), and also student versions.

When I bought VB6 professional, it cost me $160
VB6 Learning edition was $90 - Learning edition either can''t make exe files or can''t compile them to native code and also doesn''t come with as many toys as professional

VB6 Enterprise edition was fairly expensive... I can''t remember how much, but for what I would have got, it wasn''t worth it.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Trying is the first step towards failure.
Try Envelop. It was pretty cool back in the day, not too sure how functional it is now though. However, it tis free.

Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.

Edited by - Vikato on February 25, 2002 7:10:35 AM
Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.
Get this...Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Professional Student License Edition. Not sure if you qualify as a student, but if you do, it''s worth getting, as it''s cheap. It includes Visual basic, Visual C++, and a whole load of other stuff. £68.99 from amazon.co.uk. It''s probably also availiable at the US amazon.com site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement