🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

maya Persoan Learning Edition file format

Started by
3 comments, last by amish1234 22 years, 4 months ago
I have recently downloaded Maya personal learning edition. It uses a file format that is different from regular Maya. Does anyone know where I can download a plugin/program that lets me export to a .x file? Its probably really easy to find for regular maya''s file format. Once I have the files in .x files I can easily convert them to my file format. If anyone knows a web page that describes maya PLE''s file format, that may help also. Thanx. Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.
___________________________________________________________Where to find the intensity (Updated Dec 28, 2004)Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
Advertisement
i think the purpose of the special file is that you dont use commercially.
there is no converter, if you read the license agreement you´ll see that it is expressly forbidden to use the ple for anything other than that (personal learning).

So even if you write your converter you can´t use the files with anything you want to publish (as far as I know the output images are watermarked as well).

If you want to use Maya, buy Maya.
The makers of Maya need to become shafty and know that artwork made with it would probably be used in a game. Obviously it would be very to prevent people from using it commercially.

Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.
___________________________________________________________Where to find the intensity (Updated Dec 28, 2004)Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
I think its great Alias|Wavefront have released a PLE of Maya, since this softwate is very expensive and always you to familiarise yourself with Maya.

However ANY software package requires you to have a paid license to use work created with it commerically.

You can''t have something for nothing

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement