Advertisement

A RPG bigger game.

Started by March 04, 2002 03:40 AM
5 comments, last by Getto 22 years, 6 months ago
I''m a total newbie, there will try to make a goal, there will be a RPG game like any other RPG game where you a one character, and you a moving around in a big world. But you have a home, where you can collect wood, and build the house, you self, and you stuff inside, the game will support multiplayer, on a 25/7 server(when im finish maby in 2010 only do this for learning). But i need some seirus help... Any there nkow a place whare, i can see/download some examples of how i make that cind of games? ------------------------------- Where there is Hope, there is C++
There is a lot more to this sort of thing than you realize, and to be honest, I doubt you will even get it done by 2010 if you are a complete newbie.

My advice is to forget about it, at least for the time being, and start with a more manageable goal. Learn how to code, then maybe write a simple single player text adventure or something. Work up from there.

Edited by - Sandman on March 4, 2002 9:40:48 AM
Advertisement
Ever notice that the newbies always want to make an RPG/MMORPG for their first game? Ever wonder why the market''s not flooded with RPGs since everyone says they''re going to make them? That would be because a newbie will never complete an RPG, especially not on their own. Even Pong would be a challenge for a newbie to complete. Start small, finish something then move on to something a little bigger when you COMPLETELY understand what you were working on.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

i would like to see a game that runs 25 hours a day
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
I''d like to do something not-an-RPG for my first title. Which doesn''t mean I don''t have 8 billion Great RPG Ideas.
quote: Original post by Machaira
Even Pong would be a challenge for a newbie to complete...

Yup! I''m still workin on it! =D (Well, actually breakout...)

-=Lohrno

Advertisement
You should have seen *my* MMORPG last fall ... on daylight savings day ...

So maybe it wasn''t funny

KB

quote: Original post by black_mage_s
i would like to see a game that runs 25 hours a day

__KB

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement