🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

.x format

Started by
3 comments, last by Will_TR 22 years, 4 months ago
Having a little bit of a problem in the conversion realm of things. I''m using LW 7.0b, and my lead is asking to use .x models. no problem, 3d exp can convert to .x models. The problem lies in the conversion of .lws scene files to .x scene files. Problems are clearly evident. Can anyone suggest another program that might cure this, or plugin? Short of getting 3ds 4 and using the sdk to convert to .x scenes, please =) Will www.dominusonline.com
Willwww.dominusonline.com
Advertisement
you can convert in another formats, then covert in 3ds format then export to x.. of course you loss something with this. Another choice is to export a well-knowns formats (which?), then import in truespace (you can have truespace 3 for free and legally!), then truespace allow to export directly to .x

Also, you can use a 3d converter programs such :

http://www.us.righthemisphere.com/products/3dexplore/index.htm

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
I mentioned that I use 3dexploration already, though =). We''re having problems with it. Should''ve mentioned we were having problems from 3ds --> X as well. May as well try Truespace, thanks for the help.

Will
www.dominusonline.com
Willwww.dominusonline.com
You could try D-Storm''s DirectX Export, which should be at the bottom of this page:

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/plg70e.html

However, I''m still scraping to upgrade from LW5.6, so I cannot make any claims about how well their plugin works. If anyone knows of a simple way to export X-files from LW5.6, I''d appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.
Now you see me...
go to flay.com. Do a search in their plug-ins. I found a great export plug-in there ( I believe it does both objects and scenes)

good luck;
Prairie

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement