🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Dexterity Software

Started by
2 comments, last by Ironside 22 years, 3 months ago
When I first came into contact with Steve Pavlina the CEO of Dexterity software though a link to a publisher interview posted on the GD Net site, I was very skeptical. How on earth could a shareware game developer hope to make between $1,000 and $10,000 a month from shareware as his site claimed? I proceeded to send skeptical questions to Steve in e-mail; he always answered my questions in complete detail and often in great length explaining the details of the business to me. All of his emails were incredibly articulate and included a great wealth of information about the independent game developer industry and what it was like to run your own business full time. It was because of Steve and his insight that I decided to (follow a childhood dream and) set my sights on becoming a full time independent game developer. Through reading the articles on Steve’s website I was able to cut down the time I spent at my daily job while still getting lots done. I''ve made great progress toward developing my first shareware game, and I really feel I owe a lot to Steve for being so patient with me when I was pretty accusatory. The reason I''m telling you this is because I want you to understand why I support Steve and his efforts with Dexterity Software. It is also why it pains me to see an obnoxious Anonymous Poster cross-posting in all the threads in this forum, flaming another publisher and supporting Dexterity. I can assure you that Steve is a classy guy, he did not get to where he is today by signing up illiterate AP''s to spam the GDnet forums. To the Anonymous poster, you may think that you are helping Dexterity Software(or you may be purposefully trying to damage their reputation) but by acting rather immaturely and supporting Dexterity while trashing another publisher, you do more harm then good to Dexterity''s reputation. (I will not be making any more posts on this thread, so please do not try to engage me in a debate )
Advertisement
Heh, they better be good, I sent my resume for several of their job postings!
Speaking of the other publisher, namely Xing, although Alex is a young man, he is wise and he has done much more for the independent game developing than most of us. He deserves respect from all of us.

--
bernie
www.bkgames.com
[senseless profanity removed]

Edited by - DavidRM on March 11, 2002 6:46:01 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement