Advertisement

Nominated for the Oscar....

Started by March 11, 2002 12:56 PM
29 comments, last by eng3d 22 years, 6 months ago
Jimmy something.. Monsters Inc. Shrek. Which is the best for visual arts (gamedev related)? I think that made a curved and geometric object such Monsters Inc. is not as easy.. in opossite Shrek have many "human" models, and this is hard to made (without counting the natural scenenary in special the grass). My vote is for Shrek. ----------------------------------------------- "Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución" Edited by - eng3d on March 11, 2002 1:59:11 PM
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Monsters Inc. by far! (IMHO)
Advertisement
Only my opinions, of course...

Shrek had great graphics, I won''t argue with that. There were a lot of human models, but their expression wasn''t all that strong.

The character expression in Monsters, Inc. was a lot stronger.

Marrying good modeling with effective expression makes a better experience, so I have to go with Monsters, Inc.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Monsters Inc.
Jimmy 0
Shrek 1
Monster Inc 3

I hate the democracy! =)

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
is it just me or you guys are totally forgetting Final Fantasy ???
I mean, come ON !!!
I think Shrek makes the classic mistake of making the human models trying to have too much of their real counterparts behaviours.
It''s the "overdoing it" that usually makes cartoons characters look actually more "real". Trying to make them realistic usually kill the magic, for some reason. Unless of course you have hired the animators of Final Fantasy... I still cant get over it.

just my thoughts.

But if one has to choose only between those three, I''d go for Monsters Inc (although I dont know the first choice, so maybe it''s a bit unfair to that one)
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Advertisement
Final Fantasy sucked sack. The graphics are disqualified.
Jimmy Neutron! Heh heh heh. Yeah, I know the graphics aren''t THAT great, but the timing and animation was very good... If any of you have seen it (I know your wondering, the answer is some of my friends who happen to be dorky females dragged me to go... but I was happy after words!). The great thing about kid movies is that little kids watch them for the bright pretty colors and generally never get the jokes even if they are on their level. So, you''ll be surprised when you see all the adult jokes in there (i.e. the Hangover reference and the "cigarette" lollipop) Also, Jimmy Neutron did a great way of making 3d NOT try to look real. They made their own style and went with it from there. Plus, I feel a lot of it has to do with creating general shapes and definitive colors so that the little kiddies have a nice visual display.

If we were going JUST for graphics quality, then Shrek definitely. And, I haven''t seen Monstors Inc, so I can''t vote ;p

- T
- T. Wade Murphy
Am I the only other one that thinks that Final Fantasy did not in fact suck? I mean the graphics were confusable with RL, and the story was cool, and the plot was decent.

-=Lohrno
I''d never heard of FF when I first saw it, but I walked into a room where it was being played and started watching it. It was only after about 15mins that I realized it was CG (I noticed this when the main character (what''s her name?) talked). Pretty amazing stuff...
I''d go with FF if it was counted, but otherwise Shrek has them all beat (lighting effects in particular were very impressive).

---------------

#define TRUE 0
#define FALSE 1
//MUAHAHAHAHAAAA!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement