Advertisement

Creating a series of still images of a model.

Started by March 11, 2002 08:34 PM
3 comments, last by Michalson 22 years, 6 months ago
I''m not really an artist but I''m using trueSpace 3 with some crappy models + good free models. My problem comes in that I want to take my model/animation of a solder walking and write a set of bitmaps, taken from various angles. Essentially I want 16/32 angles for each image. If there anyway using trueSpace (or a 3D modeller thats free and can read .3ds) to define a camera rotation plane for rotation and then write the set.
in ts3 you can set the camera.. for take a photo, then use the render process (there are some option to save in a .bmp/.jpg file?).. The process is quite slow :move the object, then take a renderm then save a file, next nove in another position, then take a render, then save a file..

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Advertisement
Truespace 3 allows keyframe animation which could be used to speed the process eng3d mentions
I''ve tried keyframe stuff, you need to define at least 3 points to do it, however I only know how to rotate using the mouse/keys, which is not accurate enough. Is there a way to get a dialog asking "how many degrees do you wish to rotate on x/y/z axis"
I don''t know if this helps, I normally only use TS3 to make some nice presentations... but you can set a path for the camera and then you just need to define the lookat parameter and it will render everyframe one by one (and OUCH, it''s painfully slow).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement