Advertisement

3D Engines

Started by March 16, 2002 09:47 PM
0 comments, last by Shadowvalor 22 years, 5 months ago
I''m new, post #1 and all that. I''m not sure it should be here, I''m not sure what sort of welcome I''ll get here, but I''m gonna post anyway. I want to now what you think the best 3D engine to get a license for is. I''ve been looking at Power Render. $300 for the freeware single-user license. I want to know what you think, though. I want something that looks nice, but is also somewhat powerful. If at all posible, I want to make it into a plugin for Cryptic Design''s Role Playing Game Development Studio(http://www.crypticdesigns.com/). If I''m gonna have a 3D game, why not share the love? Bones are also sort of important for me, as it would greatly incrase the ease of visable armor/weapons on my player models. If it also matters, my goal is to create an RPG that comes close to life-realism. Maybe not in graphics, but sheer background world information. Interaction is very important to me as well, as I want freedom to be felt while playing. Thank you for your time, and I hope you reply with your sugestion.
As an artist i cant help you, but welcome to the forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement