Truespace 4 worth buying?

Started by
2 comments, last by Zefrieg 22 years, 4 months ago
I was looking for a decently priced 3d modeling program. I saw that Truespace 4 is only $199 and isn''t a bad price for one. There isn''t a whole lot of reviews of the software on the web so I thought I would ask about it here. I would just like to know it''s pluses and it''s shortfalls. I would mainly use it for creature creation/animation, various 3d scenary objects, and 2d stills. So just tell me your experiences with it, and if someone has any links of things they have created with the software then please post them here too.
Advertisement
Hey, the first 3d package I''ve put my hands on was trueSpace. It''s pretty intuitive and easy to use, since you don''t have much commands, and the gui, and all...., but it''s not very powerfull. Especially for animation. You''ll have to get some plug-ins for animation, if you wanna have descent animtions. Lookat the thread truespace 5 IK/KFE help needed for more info on that.

Now though, I''m using(well learning) MAX.

But I bet you want trueSpace because you wanna publish your game and you have no dough. So I suggest you wait for trueSpace4 to be 99$. They have those specials sometimes like around Valentine''s day and stuff like that. Like 2 months ago, I think, it was 99$.

oh, well, time to show off some of my 4rt... jellocaca''s artwork
"the sad thing about promit's sig is that it lacks intelligence, therefore artifice" - Jello di Caca"There is no flag that is large enough to hide the shame of americaca" -System of a Jello
I use Truespace 4 and love it. I've tried 3DSmax and lightwave but i don't get on with them (I currently dont have time to learn them) But a money saving tip, I have seen truespace 3 on cover disks.
Oh yeah if you want to take a quick look at my web page you can see some stuff i through together for my little game. It was all done in truespace (I have done better!)

[edited by - defcom on April 3, 2002 6:21:37 AM]
Well, since I downloaded a demo of Truespace, I was sent one of their promotional offers during Easter. You get Truespace 5.2 plus their Animation plugins for $400 total. Regularly it would be $600 for 5.2 and $200 for the plugins. Since this was a pretty good deal and had everything I needed, I decided to purchase the package. This should allow me to create what I need.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement