RPG low-poly models, recomendation?

Started by
3 comments, last by eng3d 22 years, 4 months ago
I am drawing a low poly for a rpg (japanese rpg style). Anyone can give some recommendation. For example, is good to modelling the head using a cube or a sphere?.. i try the head with it but i think it can be more good if you draw a planar for face and the rest with a semi sphere.. mmm, really in this point i am very confuss. ----------------------------------------------- "Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Advertisement
Ok, I havent done much low-poly modelling but I would use box-modelling (sub division etc) to do this, spheres would start off with too many polys.
I actually JUST got into modelling recently, I hope to be able to post a sample here soon.

I''m finding it''s a lot easier to model the head from scratch. Building faces individually.

The program I use (for practice only right now) is Milkshape 3-D. It allows for images to be placed in the background of your viewss. (nothing new I know), so basically just draw up a sketch of the front and side views, then start sculpting from there. Basically tracing over the drawing.
I almost always start with a cube and go from there, regardless of what I''m modelling.
Peon
For body is easy to work with cubes but for head... more specific for head with hair (with long-woman-hair).. in this case a cube is not the correct tools. In fact, the last weekend i made the face using a plane, the the hair i made using a almost-plain box, and the extrude some edge for made the hair over the face.
In any case, the mirror tools is very worth!

for Bandecko:of course, is really easy to work with a background (also 3dsmax and lightwave have this). The really hard is to draw this background. In my case i use a "slave-like-cat-artist" for made this =)

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement